Dolphin Sanctuary Family Tour
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Product code: ADSFT
The FAMILY TOUR is 90 minutes of fun exploring the Dolphin Sanctuary one of Adelaide's "secret spots". Located just 30 minutes from the Adelaide CBD it is an area of surpassing beauty. The sheltered mangrove lined creeks are home to a fascinating array of marine life, birds and the Port River Dolphins.
It's an amazing adventure for all ages, and kayaking is the most environmentally sensitive way to explore and interact with the dolphins. The tour is very easy paced with plenty of time for photos, storytelling by your guide, and searches for the Port River Dolphins. When the Port River Dolphins come to play it is a memory you will treasure for ever!
This tour is aimed at families with younger children aged 8 years+ and/or senior citizens. If you have never kayaked before this is the best way to give it a try...you will want to come back for more!
"Paddling with the Dolphins" has been voted one of the top FOUR MUST DO activities in Adelaide!
WHAT IS INCLUDED
• The Family Tour is 90 minutes of fun with a qualified kayaking guide who will lead you on an unforgettable adventure.
• Tours are conducted in stable, very comfortable 2 or 3-person kayaks which are suitable for all levels of fitness and experience.
• The tour includes basic tuition in safe kayaking.
• We launch from a boat ramp covered in non-slip matting. You simply step into the kayak and we slide you onto the water. You won't even get your feet wet!
Weekdays and Saturdays
• Adults $50
• Children $30 (15 years and under).
We love taking out families and highly recommend booking one of our family group discount tickets:
• Family of 4 with two adults and two children $150.
• Family of 5 with 3 children $170.
Sunday fees are slightly higher due to higher operating costs.
If you are a novice, are booking by yourself and would prefer a real easy experience you may be able to paddle with the guide in a 2-person kayak. Select this option from the extras menu when booking.
Private and small group tours are also available. Please call to discuss your group's needs and preferred time. Discounts available for groups of 12 or more!
HOW TO BOOK
• Bookings are essential and can be made right now using a VISA or MasterCard using our online booking system.
• For alternative methods of payment, please call us on 08 8472 0922
• If the date you want is sold out you can go on the "waiting" list by completing all booking details. We will get in touch if we can add you to the tour. Your credit card won't be charged until you have accepted our offer for a place on the tour.
• If there are a lot of people on the waiting list we may be able to put on a second tour.
CONFIRMATION OF YOUR BOOKING
Full details will be sent via email immediately following the receipt of your booking. If you do not receive this, please contact us straight away. Please review the details taking note of the starting time and location map. Please check the terms and conditions also included. We will contact you the day prior to your tour if any of the details change due to weather or other conditions. Please contact us if you will not be checking your email or have any concerns about these details.
FINDING THE LOCATION FOR TOURS AND HIRE SERVICE
We meet you at the Garden Island Boat Ramp and Reserve, Lot 204 Garden Island Road, Gillman (click to see Google map). This is a public reserve and we have no office at this location. Look for the Adventure Kayaking SA vehicles, lots of kayaks/SUP's and happy people!
WHAT TO BRING
• Clothing to suit the temperature and weather of the day
• A shady hat and sunscreen
• Shoes/sandals that may get wet (bare feet or thongs are not suitable)
• Insect repellent
• Drink and snack
• A CAMERA/PHONE! We can supply a small waterproof container.
The following extras can also be added to your booking, follow the prompts during the booking process:
• A quality paddling jacket- wind and waterproof; great for cooler days
• 1-person kayaks for partners and groups if you prefer to paddle individually.
• A reusable drink bottle filled with water
• Insect repellent
If you have further questions, specific requirements or wanting to make a large group booking please call us on 08 8472 0922
Please note that rates are slightly higher for Sundays and Public Holidays.
We look forward to sharing a great paddling adventure with you, your family or friends!