2 Person Kayak Hire
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: ADSSG-2
Hire a 2-person kayak to explore the Dolphin Sanctuary for up to 2 hours. Go on a self-guided exploration of the Dolphin Sanctuary and Ships Graveyard using one of the handy A4 maps we provide of the area!
Kayak pick up is located at the Garden Island Boat Ramp and Reserve, Lot 204 Garden Island Road, Gillman (click to see location) in the Adelaide Dolphin Sanctuary and Ships Graveyard…the best location for paddling in Adelaide. You can explore the beautiful mangrove creeks and Ships Graveyard Maritime Heritage Trail and search for dolphins with your family or friends.
We have the craft ready for you at the launch site, help you set up and supply a map and advice on best spots and safe paddling. You create your own unique adventure!
We follow all COVID-19 regulations. Our equipment is thoroughly cleaned after each use. Kayaking is a great way to socially isolate and get some exercise at the same time!
- Hire fee includes a double kayak, 2x paddle, 2x life vests and map for up to 2 hours from the start of your session time.
- Our service includes some time for assisting in setting up and providing safety and local area information. If you are a novice paddler this could be 20 minutes.
- When hiring a kayak, you will not be able to go to the ships graveyard due to safety. If you wish to visit the Ships Graveyard, please book into our 'Dolphin Sanctuary and Ships Graveyard Tour'.
- Children must be a minimum of 8 years old.
- Due to legal reasons we cannot hire to persons under the age of 18 years unless accompanied by an adult.
- Our 2-person kayaks are suitable for people up to approximately 1.85m (6') in height and 140kg (each). Please call if you have any concerns
COVID 19 – CONDITIONS OF BOOKING
From Wednesday 1 December 2021, participants aged 16 and older who choose to come to our sites will be required to show evidence that they have been double vaccinated (or are exempt from vaccination by order of the Chief Public Health Officer).
Whilst we hope that this decision will be welcomed by some, we understand that some will be unhappy with the decision and for this we apologise.
The safety of our staff and customers is of the utmost importance to us, therefore we need to minimise the risk whilst maximising the opportunity to people to participate in these activities safely.
If on the date of your booking it has been deemed unsafe to operate due to weather you will be contacted as soon as possible. Whilst we frequently check forecasts in the days leading up to your booking, there are some occasions where weather is worse than forecast resulting in last minute cancellations of sessions.
If the date you want is sold out you can go on the "waiting" list by completing all booking details. We will get in touch if we have a kayak become free. Your credit card won't be charged until you have accepted our offer for a hire.
CONFIRMATION OF YOUR BOOKING
- Full details will be sent via email immediately following the receipt of your booking. If you do not receive this, please contact us straight away.
- Please review the details taking note of the starting time and location map and sign your waiver.
- Please check the terms and conditions also included.
- We will contact you the day prior to your tour if any of the details change due to weather or other conditions.
We meet you at the Garden Island Boat Ramp and Reserve, Lot 204 Garden Island Road, Gillman (click to see Google map). This is a public reserve and we have no office at this location. Look for the Adventure Kayaking SA vehicles!
If you have further questions, specific requirements or wanting to make a large group booking please call us on 08 8472 0922
We look forward to sharing a great paddling adventure with you, your family or friends!