Dolphin Sanctuary & Ships Graveyard Kayak Tour Gift Voucher
- Location: Kent Town, SA
- Product code: ADSADVGF
This tour includes up to three hours of fun exploring the Dolphin Sanctuary and Ships Graveyard Maritime Heritage Trail. This is one of Adelaide's "secret spots", located just 30 minutes from the Adelaide CBD and is an area of surpassing beauty. The sheltered mangrove lined creeks are home to a fascinating array of marine life, birds and the Port River Dolphins. The Ship's Graveyard is a unique feature of the area with spectacular relics from the past which have been abandoned in the river.
All of which makes for an amazing adventure, and best of all, kayaking is the most environmentally sensitive way to explore and interact with the dolphins. When the Port River Dolphins come to play, it is a memory you will treasure forever. "Paddling with the Dolphins" has been voted one of the top FOUR MUST DO activities in Adelaide!
We follow all COVID-19 regulations and our equipment is thoroughly cleaned after each use. Kayaking is a great way to socially distance and get some exercise at the same time!
This tour is recommended for adults and children 8 years +. Children must be accompanied by a paying adult.
If you have never kayaked before this is the best way to give it a try...you will want to come back for more!
• Adults $75
• Concession $65 (student, pension or other card holders)
• Children $45 (15 years and under)
We love taking out families and highly recommend booking one of our family group discount tickets.
• Family of 4 $195 (two adults and two children)
• Family of 5 $240 (two adults with three children)
WHAT IS INCLUDED
• Up to three hours of fun with a fully qualified kayaking guide to lead you on an unforgettable adventure.
• The tour is easy paced with plenty of time for photos and storytelling by your guide.
• Tours are conducted in stable, very comfortable, 1 or 2-person kayaks which are suitable for all levels of fitness and experience.
• Quality life jacket and paddles.
• Basic tuition in safe kayaking.
We launch from a boat ramp covered in non-slip matting. You simply step into the kayak and we slide you onto the water. You won't even get your feet wet!
We prefer to use 2-person kayaks as these are easier to use and virtually impossible to capsize allowing for a more social and engaging experience.
Should you wish to use a single kayak, please be sure to add this to your booking as an 'extra'. Note, this will incur an additional fee. Our 1-person kayaks are suitable for people up to approximately 1.85m (6') in height and 100kg.
CONFIRMATION OF YOUR BOOKING
Full details will be sent via email immediately following the receipt of your booking. If you do not receive this please contact us. Please review the details taking note of the starting time and location map. Please check the terms and conditions also included. We will contact you the day prior to your tour if any of the details change due to weather or other conditions.
FINDING THE LOCATION FOR TOURS AND HIRE SERVICE
We meet you at the Garden Island Boat Ramp and Reserve, Lot 204 Garden Island Road, Gillman (click to see Google map). This is a public reserve and we do not have an office at this location. Look for the Adventure Kayaking SA vehicles, lots of kayaks/SUP's and happy people! The Port Adelaide Visitor Centre, 66 Commercial Road, Port Adelaide will also supply a map if you call in on the way to kayaking; you can also check out what else is happening in The Port and make a day of it!
WHAT TO BRING
• Clothing to suit the temperature and weather of the day
• A hat and sunscreen
• Shoes/sandals that may get wet(bare feet or thongs are not suitable)
• Insect repellent
• Drink and snack
• A CAMERA/PHONE! We can supply a small waterproof container.
The following extras can also be added to your booking, follow the prompts during the booking process:
• A quality paddling jacket- wind and waterproof; great for cooler days
• 1-person kayaks for partners and groups if you prefer to paddle individually.
We look forward to sharing a great paddling adventure with you, your family or friends!
Gift vouchers are not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash or another product.